International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a 15 Digit serial number which gives a unique identification for a mobile phone. This IMEI is a system to identify a mobile phone by using cellular networks or mobile data network providers. You can find your phone IMEI number under your phone battery or your phone box too. With the help of IMEI, all kinds of smartphones gonna are trackable and can be located. There is no doubt that it’s not too easy to change your phone IMEI as its sounds. In this article, you’ll find how to change the IMEI number on iPhone as well as android.
Some users want to test specific features and applications that help to change their device’s IMEI number too. Depending on the single or dual sim a mobile phone can get one or dual IMEI numbers. Some differences help you to change your IMEI number for Android or iOS devices. We’ll be discussing both topics separately, so let us start.
- Once you’ve changed the phone IMEI of your phone or device, then your device can’t be tracked if your phone is lost or stolen.
- Some specific countries banned changing your phone IMEI, please real your country’s telecom policy.
- We don’t help you to change your IMEI number but we show a guideline that helps you to change your IMEI number.
How to change IMEI number on Android without root
Anyone can change his phone IMEI on android without rooting, and easily. Remember that these features can erase your complete data from your device, so be sure that make sure to take a complete backup of your data.
- First, open the setting on your device.
- Find and tap on backup and reset.
- Now, search for factor data reset below the screen and click on it.
- Now you’ll get a notification on your phone screen.
- Then tap on Create new Android ID.
Best Apps to Change IMEI numbers
If you don’t want to erase your phone data while changing your android phone IMEI then you need to install a third-party app changer. Here are some best IMEI apps for android based on the level of complexity and effectiveness.
XPOSED IMEI Changer Pro
This IMEI changer app helps you to change the IMEI identification number of your device. When you use this app then it changes your phone IMEI every time. This app also allows you to create your mind-specific IMEI number. The IMEI changer IMEI user interface is very easy to use. It’s easy to change your IMEI by using one click on “Enter MTK Engineer Mode”. Then hit the apply button to start the process.
MTK Engineering Mode
This is another app which has comes with a clean interface for its users, that helps you change your IMEI easily. This app is comfortable with all kinds of device manufacturers like Tecno, Infinix, Oppo, etc. It also works on non-Taiwanese manufacturers.
How to change IMEI number on rooted android
Before changing your phone IMEI makes sure that your phone gonna be rooted and that you’ve installed the Xposed framework. Get Hosting Coupon code?
How to root an ANDROID device?
Rooting an android device is not so easy as you’ve dealt with many files simultaneously, which isn’t easy for a layman. You can root your phone or device without using a third-party application. Many applications are used in which you can easily root your android device with or without a computer. MAGISK s one of the apps that helps you to root your android device.
Steps to change the IMEI number:
By using the following step you can easily change your android phone IMEI number also you can change your IMEI on Android Pie as well. Let’s start the process:
- Firstly copy your phone’s original IMEI and save it, so that in the future if you need it you can find it easily.
- You can find the original IMEI by typing *#06# on your dial pad or you can also find your phone IMEI on your phone box.
- Once you finished copying the original IMEI, open the Xposed app you already installed.
- Now, go to Modules and Tap one IMEI changer option.
- After this process restarts your android device.
- If you want fast restart your android device then you can do it from Xposed installer.
- After restart your android phone then open IMEI changer. Then your Real IMEI number will also be shown in the current IMEI option.
- Now, you can change your IMEI to a new number when you clicking the new IMEI number option.
- Then hit the Apply button.
- Now your IMEI number gonna be changed from your old IMEI.
- If you test again.
- Then Reboot your phone and dial *#06# to check your IMEI number.
How to change IMEI number on iPhone (without jailbreak)
According to developers and software editors, iOS is one of the most high secure operating system, which doesn’t give you the opportunity to modify its software, application. Most iPhone user fear the performance of jail-braked iPhones. Though there are numerous rearmost ways to perform jailbreak for the rearmost unknown interpretation of iOS it voids the bond of an precious Apple device. Features of an iOS device are also veritably confined as compared to an android device. In these types of conditions, you have no choice but to use a third- party app to change the IMEI of your device. There’s a tool in your computer named Ziphone that helps in changing the IMEI of an iOS device without jailbreaking, The way to know how to change the IMEI on an iPhone or iOS device using the Ziphone are as follows.
- First, open your dial pad and type *#06#
- Now copy your IMEI and save it for future, if you need.
- Let’s download the Ziphone tool on your computer.
- After this, let’s enable your iPhone’s recovery mode by pressing and holding the chip and power button.
- Then connect your phone to your computer by cable.
- Now, open the ziphone folder from your computer.
- After pressing the Shift + Right mouse button.
- Then press Windows + R, type “Ziphone” into the command promote option and press the enter button.
- Type this in the command window Ziphone -u -I a123456789012345 (instead of this “123456789012345” type new 15-digits IMEI) and press enter.
- Now check your Present IMEI number via dialing *#06#.
IMEI is an essential thing for all kinds of device or smartphone, I always suggest you to not change the device IMEI. I hope this article gonna be clear you how to change your iPhone and Android IMEI number.